RESIDENTIAL WEEKLY CURBSIDE COLLECTION
Residential curbside collection includes: regular trash (green cart), recyclables (blue cart) and up to 6 cubic yards of bulk trash and brush that is cut, bundled and tied.
- All trash needs to be out by 7:00 AM
- Containers can be placed at curb after 6:00PM the day before collection. Containers should be removed from the curb no later than 6:00 PM the day after collection.
- Only Progressive Refuse/Trash/Recycle Carts can be used for curbside pickup.
- Additional trash bags can be used if necessary and placed by the appropriate cart (use only clear bags for recycling).
- Brush cut in lengths of 4 feet or less, tied in bundles not exceeding 50 pounds.
- Place trash no more than 5 feet from the edge of the roadway on regular collection day.
- Bulk trash items are defined as 6 cubic yards (the approximate size of a Volkswagen) or less:
- Bulky trash generated by ordinary maintenance of a household, but too large for container.
- Appliances (if it contains Freon, it must be removed and properly tagged by licensed professional).
- Drained hot water heaters, furniture, carpet, televisions.
RECYCLING is collected one (1) time a week, on the same day as your regular trash. Your container is provided by Progressive Waste. Collectable items: Newspaper, plastics (#1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#7), aluminum cans, cardboard (broken down), and glass (no broken glass). Overages may be placed in a clear plastic bag and set on top of or beside your cart when set to your curb. For more detailed information please visit our Recycling Service page.
CURBSIDE COLLECTION OF LIMB/BRUSH NOT CUT, BUNDLED AND TIED:
According to code you have 10 days to remove it from the curb. Call Progressive Waste @ 281-331-0810 for cost and removal.
Progressive Waste will pick up brush that is piled at the curb, uncut for a fee of $12.65 per cubic yard.
- Once brush is moved to curb you can contact Progressive Waste Solutions for a quote on removal.
- Progressive Waste will make an onsite visit and tag the pile with the quote.
- Any extra charges for the curbside service will be billed on your City of Alvin water bill.
- Once tagged, you can contact Progressive Waste to have it removed. If you choose to remove it yourself, you can use the Convenient Center at 827 W. Hwy 6 to dispose of up to 6 cubic yards at no extra charge each month (with bill statement and matching driver's license).
CITIZEN CONVENIENCE CENTER located at 827 W. Highway 6 is OPEN Tuesday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and on Saturday from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Residential customers can take 6 cubic yards once per month at not charge. You will need your bill stub and matching driver's license. Contact Progressive Waste at 281-331-0810 to verify your items are acceptable at the location.
Acceptable Items include:
- All items qualifying as curb side collection.
- Paint in hard form - add cat litter to paint and leave lid off and it will harden (no free flowing liquids).
Items that do not qualify as bulk are:
- Debris from construction or remodeling
- Motor oil
- Items that are too heavy or bulky to be lifted onto a truck by two (2) persons
- Hazardous materials, vehicle bodies, tires
- Any other items excluded from disposal in TYPE I or TYPE IV landfills
- Any free flowing liquid
- Any trash placed near low hanging branches, cables, or power lines (no truck lift access).
When a HOLIDAY occurs on any weekday, from the day of the Holiday, your pick-up day will shift to the next day. Friday's collection will be on Saturday. Holidays observed by Progressive Waste: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.