RESIDENTIAL WEEKLY CURBSIDE COLLECTION
Residential curbside collection includes: regular trash (green cart), recyclables (blue cart) and up to 6 cubic yards of bulk trash and brush that is cut, bundled and tied.
- All trash needs to be out by 7:00 AM
- Containers can be placed at curb after 6:00PM the day before collection. Containers should be removed from the curb no later than 6:00 PM the day after collection.
- Only Progressive Refuse/Trash/Recycle Carts can be used for curbside pickup.
- Additional trash bags can be used if necessary and placed by the appropriate cart (use only clear bags for recycling).
- Brush cut in lengths of 4 feet or less, tied in bundles not exceeding 50 pounds.
- Place trash no more than 5 feet from the edge of the roadway on regular collection day.
- Bulk trash items are defined as 6 cubic yards (the approximate size of a Volkswagen) or less:
- Bulky trash generated by ordinary maintenance of a household, but too large for container.
- Appliances (if it contains Freon, it must be removed and properly tagged by licensed professional).
- Drained hot water heaters, furniture, carpet, televisions.
RECYCLING is collected one (1) time a week, on the same day as your regular trash. Your container is provided by Progressive Waste. Collectable items: Newspaper, plastics (#1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#7), aluminum cans, cardboard (broken down), and glass (no broken glass). Overages may be placed in a clear plastic bag and set on top of or beside your cart when set to your curb. For more detailed information please visit our Recycling Service page.
CURBSIDE COLLECTION OF LIMB/BRUSH NOT CUT, BUNDLED AND TIED:
According to code you have 10 days to remove it from the curb. Call Progressive Waste @ 281-331-0810 for cost and removal.
Progressive Waste will pick up brush that is piled at the curb, uncut on your scheduled Friday for the month. Please refer to the Heavy Trash Collection Map to determine your scheduled pick up day.
- For additional heavy trash service you can contact Progressive Waste once brush is moved to curb for a quote on removal of $12.44 per cubic yard.
- Progressive Waste will make an onsite visit and tag the pile with the quote.
- Any extra charges for the curbside service will be billed on your City of Alvin water bill.
CITIZEN CONVENIENCE CENTER located at 827 W. Highway 6 is no longer open to the public
Acceptable Items include:
- All items qualifying as curb side collection.
- Paint in hard form - add cat litter to paint and leave lid off and it will harden (no free flowing liquids).
Items that do not qualify as bulk are: (MAY REQUIRE DISPOSAL AT CUSTOMER'S EXPENSE)
- Debris from construction or remodeling (Coastal Plains Landfill Phone 281-388-1708)
- Motor oil (Auto Parts Locations)
- Items that are too heavy or bulky to be lifted onto a truck by two (2) persons
- Hazardous materials, vehicle bodies, tires
- Any other items excluded from disposal in TYPE I or TYPE IV landfills
- Any free flowing liquid
- Any trash placed near low hanging branches, cables, or power lines (no truck lift access).
When a HOLIDAY occurs on any weekday, from the day of the Holiday, your pick-up day will shift to the next day. Friday's collection will be on Saturday. Holidays observed by Progressive Waste: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day.