Alvin Upfront is a 7-week course on City government operations and activities. Learn from departments like:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Utilities and more
What to Expect
Participants will visit various city facilities and build relationships in an interactive environment. Upon graduating, participants will be more engaged, energized to lead in the community and effectively work with city officials to attain community goals.
We are calling on individuals to apply to Alvin Upfront who:
- Want to learn about the operations of the City of Alvin
- Want to engage with city employees and build relationships
- Want to assume a leadership role within the city in the future
Who Can Participate
Classes are open to those who are:
- At least a senior in high school at AISD
- A resident of Alvin, a student enrolled at Alvin Community College, or an owner of a business located in Alvin
Classes are free and limited to 25 participants.
Take a peek at the Alvin Upfront flyer (PDF). To register, fill in the online form, or fill out our Citizens Academy application (PDF) and email to Sara Cruz, or print and fill out and return in person or via U.S. mail to the Office of the City Secretary, 216 West Sealy.