Alvin Upfront Citizen's Academy
Register Now for the next class of the Alvin Upfront Citizens Academy! Classes will begin on Monday, September 11, 2023 and will continue every Monday evening at 6:00 p.m. through October 23, 2023. This is a 7-week course on City government operations and activities. Applications will be accepted through September 6th, 2023. Participants will learn from departments like:
- Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Engineering / Public Services and more
What to Expect
Participants will visit various city facilities and build relationships in an interactive environment. Upon graduating, participants will be more engaged, energized to lead in the community and effectively work with city officials to attain community goals.
We are calling on individuals to apply to Alvin Upfront who:
- Want to learn about the operations of the City of Alvin
- Want to engage with city employees and build relationships
- Want to assume a leadership role within the city in the future
Who Can Participate
Classes are open to those who are:
- At least a senior in high school at AISD
- A resident of Alvin, a student enrolled at Alvin Community College, or an owner of a business located in Alvin
Classes are free and limited to 25 participants. A recognition of completion ceremony will be held at the City Council meeting scheduled for November 2, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
Take a peek at the Alvin Upfront flyer (PDF). To register, fill in the convenient easy to use online form listed below, or fill out the PDF version of the Citizens Academy application (PDF) and email to Sara Cruz, or print and fill out and return in person or via U.S. mail to the Office of the City Secretary, 216 West Sealy.
2023 Course Materials
*(Materials will be uploaded the Thursday prior to class date)
Week 5: October 9, 2023
Week 6: October 16, 2023
Week 7: October 23, 2023