May 4, 2024 General Election
The next City of Alvin General Election will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024 at the Alvin Library (105 South Gordon St.) to elect members to City Council District B, District C, and At Large Position #1 for a three (3) year term.
Qualifications for Office:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) Years of Age
- A citizen of the United States
- Qualified Voter of the City
- Have been a resident of the State of Texas and of the District for which they seek election for at least twelve (12) consecutive months
For qualified residents seeking to run for an elected office for one of the open positions in the City of Alvin, an Application for a Place on the Ballot for a General Election must be completed and submitted to the City Secretary's Office.
- The first day to file this application is Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 8:00 a.m.
- The last day to file this application is Friday, February 16, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. This application can also be found in the Candidate Packet found on this page.
Alvin Election Register
View the Alvin Election Register History (PDF).
Are You Registered to Vote?
Visit the Vote Texas website through the Texas Secretary of State's office to find out, or to register.