Itinerant Merchant Forms 

Itinerant merchants/vendors and solicitors require permits to operate within the city limits of Alvin. Municipal Ordinance defines those terms as follows:

Itinerant vendor. Any individual, firm, organization, or corporation, as well as its representatives, agents and employees, who engages in a business in the city of selling, or offering for sale, any goods or merchandise, or exhibiting goods or merchandise for sale, or for the purpose of taking orders for the sale thereof, who displays, exhibits, sells, or offers for sale such goods, merchandise or services upon or from a truck or other vehicle within the city, or who temporarily hires, rents, leases or occupies any room or space in any building, structure or other enclosure, or vacant lot in the city upon which such business is to be operated or conducted.

Solicitor or canvasser. Any individual, firm, organization or corporation, as well as its representatives, agents and employees, who engages in the business in the city of taking orders for future delivery of commodities or services, or solicits subscriptions, orders, contributions, or any kind of support, for remuneration or gain, from house to house or from place to place.

Applications for Itinerant Merchant Permits must be submitted in person with a valid identification card Monday-Thursday (7am-6pm) to the Alvin Police Department Records division.

Applications are available here:

Primary Application

Secondary Application

Complete City Ordinances about itinerant merchants can be located in 

Chapter 13 Itinerant Merchants and Vendors


Chapter 28 Comprehensive Fee Schedule.

City of Alvin Code of Ordinances

Alvin City Hall
216 West Sealy
Alvin, Texas 77511

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday - 7:00 AM to

6:00 PM
Closed: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Follow us on:  Facebook Icon  Twitter Icon

Copyright © City of Alvin, Texas  2016. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM